Olivia Donaghy is a registered psychologist who focuses on
- Supporting people with diverse sexuality and/or gender expression, including living non-binary, those experiencing gender incongruence or those seeking medical treatments for gender dysphoria. Supporting parents and families of gender diverse or intersex children or teenagers
- Child and Adolescent mental health: young people experiencing distress, low self esteem, risk taking behaviour, anxiety, depression, body image or relationship problems
- Supporting parents of young children with social emotional and behaviour difficulties and/or problems at school. Challenges like ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Separation Anxiety, Attachment disruption
Olivia operates a small private practice and offers appointments on Tuesday only from 9am through to early evening. Enquiries or bookings can be made by fax or email.
- Fax: (07) 3112 5066
- Phone number is restricted. If you call the administration number you will be supplied with the email contact listed above.
Qualifications: B.A. (Psychology) U.Q; Postgrad Dip (Psychology) C.Q.U.; Postgrad Dip Statistics, Trinity College.
Olivia has 15 years experience working with adults and young people in the NGO sector in various counselling, program development and leadership roles and as a psychologist in public community mental health. Concurrent with private practice Olivia works as a senior psychologist within Child & Youth Mental Health. Whilst Olivia tailors her practice to individual needs and preferences her therapeutic approach is informed by attachment theory and combines a systemic lens with evidence based interventions drawn from ACT, CBT, Family Therapy, MBT/mentalization and skills training. Her practice framework encompasses a belief in human dignity and potential for change. She is motivated to assist people to achieve the outcomes that they set for themselves.
Registrations and Memberships
- Australian Health Practitioners Registration PSY0000979791
- Australia and New Zealand Professional Association for Transgender Health
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
A standard fee of $160 per 55minute session applies to all counselling sessions. A concession rate of $120 per session for eligible concession card holders. Referrals are not required but a GP or Psychiatrist referral will enable you to access an $84 rebate. Private health insurance rebates may apply if ineligible for medicare rebates.
O’Brien, N., Donaghy, O. & Hunter, M. More than a cup of tea: an evaluation of an intervention program empowering parents to be effective members of the treating team for young people with eating disorders. 2014 ANZAED Conference: Driven Bodies Driven Brains Fremantle, Australia. 22-23 August 2014
Donaghy, O. A cis-gendered therapist’s journey supporting children and adults of diverse sex or gender. MindOut Conference, Sydney, 26-27 June 2014
Donaghy, O.& Pitt, D. Psychological Support of the Gender Diverse Community. The Third International ANZPATH Biennial Conference, Adelaide, 4-6 October 2014
Olivia Donaghy (15 April 2015) Gender Diversity: responding to gender incongruence and/or people who identify as transgender Webinar, National LGBTI Health Alliance